Publications and Resources
- Conservation Easements: A Guide for Texas Landowners - Updated 2013.
Provided by the Texas Land Trust Council
- A conservation easement is a voluntary legal agreement between a landowner and conservation organization that places restrictions on specified future land uses.
- The agreement is tailored to meet both the practical needs of the landowner and their wishes for conserving the land and its resources.
- Conservation Easement example - sample document from The Nature Conservancy of Texas
- Natural Resource Conservation Programs and Services for Texas Landowners
Provided by Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
- This resource list is a work in progress. Texas Parks and Wildlife Department will continue to add and revise information periodically.
- An electronic version of this publication is available on the TPWD Web site. Please check there for the most current updates.
- Protecting Open Space: Tools and Techniques for Texans
Provided by the National Park Service
- Describes eleven techniques that are commonly employed for conserving open space in Texas
- Describes how and where these techniques might be effectively applied
- Includes case studies